Thursday, November 26, 2009

Charles Dickens on steriods: 3-D iMAX

Last weekend I went to go see Disney's Christmas Carol. Despite the mixed reviews I loved it. I went in with the mindset that I was going to see an animated movie about the classic by Charles Dickens and that famous actors were going to do voice overs on the characters. I read nothing and saw no previews before hand. And it was going to be on 3-D. I've never seen a film on 3-D Imax. Tickets were $16.50 (more than the ArcLight & without the reserved seating option) and thought this better be really good.

We put on our nice 3-D glasses and started watching the previews for Avatar, Alice In Wonderland, others and it was intense. WOWZA!!! I immediately thought that we were in for a treat; and indeed it was.

The animation & effects were great. I loved how Scrooge's home reminded of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. The entrance corridor, the dining room, Marley, etc. The most funniest part of the film was the ghost of Christmas present; Father Christmas. Father Christmas looked a "bear;" a big burly gay man. As a matter of fact, Father Christmas was only wearing a robe and was bearing his hairy chest; it was odd and hilarious! I guess Disney is embracing the GLBT community. Who would've thunk it. Well that explains Red T-shirt weekend in October. LoL

The beginning of the film and different parts through out the film reminded of the ride "Soarin'" at California Adventure. I'm telling you the effects were intense and great. The film & it's effects can be best described as: Charles Dickens on Steroids (but in a great way!)

I won't talk more about it because I don't want to spoil it for you, but I will say this: Watch it on 3-D Imax. It's the best money spent. And this film got me more excited about spending the Holidays in England. LUV, LUV!!


No comments:

Post a Comment