Monday, November 29, 2010

Let's be thankful....

I am writing this many days after the Thanksgiving holiday only because I haven't had time to do it before.

The holidays always bring out that melancholic/reflective mood in everyone. No matter how cheerful one is, all fall victim of it. I put on a front everyday because I feel like I need to. If I am not happy or positive about life then I would be on meds, in therapy, or in the hospital. It's very easy to be negative, but a challenge to be positive. And since it's my life and I will only live once, I choose to be positive and happy.

At this point in my life, I am very thankful about everything. 2010 has been quite an eventful year. Too much to blog about. In a nutshell, I had 2 fall outs with 2 people, I was in England for the previous holiday, a person close to me is preggers, I transferred out of my schleppy job, I've met a ton of people, my father was diagnosed with diabetes, a friend from high school died, and I am hardly volunteering anymore. I am surprised I haven't gone nuts, yet, but seriously things could be worse. REALLY!!

All I can say is that my life is great and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am grateful for everything that I have and don't have. I strongly believe that things happen for a reason.

So, what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment