Saturday, September 12, 2009

Music sounded better on Vinyl...

By answering "record" that doesn't make me like 100 years old or a grandma because I'm none of the above. I'm only 35, so yeah. I grew up in the 80's. Most teens now are into the 80's and dress it. I went to the Coachella Music & Arts Festival and was trippin' at the crazy flashback right before my eyes. All these kids dressed in 80's garb. I was like WTF! I know I had been inhaling all this weed, but I know this wasn't 1987, I was quite aware it was 2009 (and stll is, duh!)

Whoa! It was so crazy seeing all these kids dressing like I used to do so. Anyway, it wasn't too long ago that music was available on records aka vinyl and were available in 2 formats: 33 & 45 rpm. It was great. I remember the console my parents had. I still have my records and miss playing them. *sigh*

I also listened to music on cassettes and then on CD (compact disc) format; kinda reminiscent to vinyl, but only digital. When I used to visit one of my aunts (who is quite wealthy), she used to play her 8-tracks. The player & the fat cassettes were weird looking to me, but whatever.

Yes, times have changed and so has music. And now finally (almost 2 years ago), I'm up to date with the current digital revolution, the mp3 player. Gotta love technology. Though I still buy CD's at my favorite music store, Amoeba in Hollywood (a candy store for music enthusiasts) b/c I've been burned when my laptop has crashed; so at least I got my CD's as backup to all my music. Yeah, I'm still kinda old school that way. LoL

Wow, I just realized I know what each music format mentioned above is, but that doesn't make me old. It just makes me more knowledgeable. Most kids only know CD's (if that) and mp3 players only. Well, whatever. =)

1 comment:

  1. I have an Aerosmith 33 Vinyl and my kids asked me how in the heck do you play that?. I'm 35 as well and it just made me laugh

    ReplyDelete