Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Facebook Phenomena: My demise?


For a very long time I refused to join all the millions. My friends kept on pressuring me to join even though I see them a lot. Well, a week and half ago I gave into Facebook. Why the hesitation on your part you ask? Well, because I'm a Twitter addict and I feel I can't deal with another web social network. Like all addicts we need to avoid all that will make us hit rock bottom , e.g. an alcoholic who has to avoid bars, house parties, clubs, liquor stores, etc. Because if he/she doesn't, she/he will probably end up dead. Though I very much doubt death will be the end result of me being addicted to web social networks, one can end up in rehab...lol.

Who are my friends you ask? BFF1, BFF2, 5 old classmates from Catholic school (from childhood), GP1 (gal pal) and her sister, 2 other friends I met about 8 years ago at random college parties and one through my sister. I've had others from work ask me to add them as friends, but I don't want them to know too much about my private life. My coworkers only know so much about me and I want to keep it that way. Sorry. Yep that is a total of 12 friends whom I consider as good friends (well except for 3). These people know so much shit about me it isn't funny. God forbid the day they all would decide to get together to conspire to write my biography. WOW, scary! I do plan to add others only if they ask me to. I really don't want to invade their privacy.

Also, don't forget that I'm consistently (in my terms) keeping up with this blog. This blog only reveals stuff that I like to do for fun and stuff that I like. No, this is not a window into my life; well only a minute fraction. The sole purpose of this blog is to entertain and I can say that I am achieving that purpose. It's fun and another cyberspace form for recording my antics and musings. Some of my coworkers are allowed to read this, but not all because they can be judgmental and jealous...lol.

One thing I do want to say is that I don't want this to get out of hand or else I'll end up at Promises (with Lindsey Lohan & on page 6 ); no thank you! LMAO. Now the super important question to ask is will Facebook be my demise? Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment