Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy B-day Dave Gahan!

Yep, today is Dave Gahan's birthday. According to depechemode.com, Dave was born on May 9, 1962 in Epping, Essex, England. And that was great day indeed because who knew that baby Dave Gahan was going to be the frontman of one of the most influential bands of post modern rock and roll; of course the Beatles are the kings and the leaders of that 1st wave of English rock bands that rocked the world back in the 1960's, but Depeche Mode is part of the 2nd wave (during the 1980's).

I tell you, the 1st time I heard those guys via Request Video I was in love. I felt like I couldn't get enough of them. I was sold and addicted. I had to watch all their videos and had to listen to KROQ attentively so I can record them on my cassette player. OMG, I love DM! I especially loved that 1st hit, Just Can't Enough and apparently me and everyone else in the states couldn't get enough of Depeche Mode.

They, like Madonna, have been able to keep themselves "fresh" and "relevant" with every generation. Their fan base is huge and encompasses all ages and in every nation. They have influenced a lot of newer bands and there are many tribute bands that continue to carry their sound.

Here is a the making of "Comeback," my favorite song from their recent album, "Sounds of the Universe." I LOVE this song. It's such a great love song which talks about regrets.

"Come back to me, I'll be waiting patiently...walking a thin white line wasting all of my time. I'm in another world and in another place. weeks turn into months and months turn into years, reaching the same conclusions, gathering up the fear."


No comments:

Post a Comment