Sunday, March 15, 2009

Willkommen Blank + Jones!


 

Willkommen to all!
A Saturday night (3/14/09) on the town consisted of attending a fabulous show in Hollywood.  My crew and I went to see Blank + Jones at the famous Vanguard L.A. in Hollywood.  The opening act was Torin.  He was good, but like most, I was there for the main act the, German duo, Blank + Jones.
They are Piet Blank and Jaspa Jones.  One of my BFF's introduced them to me about 9 years ago on our way to Santa Barbara.  It was great listening to their album, DJ Culture.  Their most acclaimed track is "The Nightfly."  They went on at about 1:00 a.m. and it was all good.  The crowd went wild (and so did we).  Everyone was dancing the night away until 4:00 a.m.  At some point, Piet & Jaspa mixed New Order's 'Blue Monday."  What can I say?  I have little words to say to explain my grand emotion to finally see these guys.  
I think my obsession to trance music grew because of these guys.  Shortly after my introduction to Blank + Jones, my friends and I had started going to this club in Santa Monica called Club Sugar.  It was a great place to dance to trance.  As a matter of fact one year I decided to celebrate my 28th birthday there.  It was a great night and had so much fun.  I truly miss those days and that club; enough nostalgia!  I've included a video clip the fore mentioned song, The Nightfly from YouTube.  




p.s. I apologize for the poor quality of my pictures.  It was dark indeed and it was difficult for me to adjust the quality...I guess I should read the manual. 

Auf Wiedersehen & genieBen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment